DVA Aged Care Services

If you are a senior veteran or a war widow/widower, you may be able to get aged care services from the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) and My Aged Care at the same time, as long as you don’t get the same time, as long as you don’t get the same service from both.

Department of Veterans’ Affairs services – DVA’s aged and community care services are usually ‘entry level’ services for lower care needs – they are generally not suitable for more complex care needs.

Eligible veterans or war widows/widowers may be able to receive services under the following DVA programs:

Veterans’ Home Care (VHC) Program

  • Domestic Assistance
  • Personal Care
  • Safety related home and garden maintenance
  • Respite Care (In Home, Residential and emergency
  • Community Nursing Program
  • Medication Management
  • Wound care
  • Help with hygiene.

Other services for the veteran community

  • Aids and appliances through the Rehabilitation Appliance Program
  • Allied health services
  • Veterans’ and Veterans’ Families Counselling Service (VVCS)
  • Veterans’ Access Network.

For more information on services and payments you may be eligible for as a veteran or war widow/widower, call DVA on 1800 555 254 or visit www.dva.gov.au